General – Frequently Asked Questions
Do you offer a monthly membership?
Yes! Contact us for details on pricing and membership levels.
Do you offer gift certificates?
Yes! Gift certificates can be used towards merchandise or as a credit towards membership payments.
Can I buy a class and then give it as a gift?
No. You cannot sell or transfer your class to someone else.
Can I redeem a class and get cash back?
No. When you buy a class, you are only entitled to use that class to book a class here at Buffalo Row. You cannot redeem your class for cash.
Can I redeem a class for merchandise?
No. When you buy a class, you are only entitled to use that class to book a class here at Buffalo Row. You cannot redeem your class for merchandise.
What if I can’t do everything in the class? I haven’t worked out in a while.
Rowing is one of the best exercises for your body with zero impact, and what makes it even better is that it is totally adaptable and its intensity can vary for every person. Our coaches are specially trained to be ready to help you adapt and maximize your workout, just let them know ahead of time if you have any injuries or special considerations. With every class comes increased confidence and strength, so we encourage first timers to go at their own pace and have fun.
How is Buffalo Row different than other boutique group exercise gyms?
Rowing is the ultimate full body workout; it is an awesome low-to-zero-impact way to get your heart rate up. Our easy-on-your-body approach to cardio, combined with our specially designed resistance training will provide a killer workout, without killing your joints. Add the incredible environment and team atmosphere and you’ve got an experience like no other.
How many calories are burned per class?
It depends on the weight of the individual and the amount of exertion used. Research indicates that on average, you can expect to burn between 400-700 calories in a vigorous 45-minute workout.
Can I row if I am pregnant?
We recommend you check with your doctor before stopping in for a workout at Buffalo Row.
My friends and I want to take our first class together. Do we need to create our own accounts to sign up?
Yes, each person who signs up for a class must do so through their own profile on MindBody and fill out their own rower waiver. This allows our coaches to get an accurate count of rowers per class.
Do you have childcare in the studio?
No. Unfortunately, we don’t.
Do you have locker rooms?
The Buffalo Row lobby does have some lockers that members are welcome to use, as well as bathrooms. The building next door does have full locker rooms complete with showers and changing areas which Buffalo Row members are able to use.
Do you have water or do I have to bring mine?
The facility does have a filtered water station for refilling your bottle. Small cups are provided in case you forget (we’ve all been there!)
What are your studio rules?
- All rowers must sign a waiver prior to their first class.
- If a class is scheduled using a class pack and the individual fails to attend the class or cancel the class with proper notice, the individual will be charged for the class.
- In order to cancel a class reservation and return it to your account, you must unreserve at least 6 hours before the start time of the scheduled class.
- We are not responsible for any items that are lost or stolen at our studios.
- If an individual is planning on leaving class early, we ask that they please tell the Instructor ahead of time.
- Individual classes or monthly class packs expire one month (30 days) from the date of purchase.
How do I use my gift card to purchase a class?
You can use your gift card to buy a class or merchandise. If you want to buy a class using your gift card contact us and we’ll get you started!
Need to make a return?
Please follow some of our helpful guidelines for making a return below!
- Items must be returned within 30 days of purchase, unwashed and unworn with tags still on.
- Items must be returned to Buffalo Row or Dr. Derek Health and Fitness.
- A refund will be issued to the original method of payment.
- Was this item a gift? You can still return! We just need the full receipt to issue the return.
- Exchanges for merchandise/store credit can only be made in the country of purchase.